Saturday, January 15, 2011

What I Live For.

I know its been a minute since I've posted a poem or anything at all, 5 months to the day to be exact. Sorry to all my loyal readers & followers, just got super busy & to be honest just had no inspiration and I didn't want to post anything I didn't feel good about. But, I'm back & today sparked much raw & real emotion that I couldn't help but write this poem. All of my writing is based off of raw emotion & all truly from my heart. If you are ever wondering what I'm thinking or how I am, this is maybe the best place to check. My writing is my way of artistically expressing myself & I plan to this year seriously make moves in finishing this book. But anyways I'm just rambling on but here is my newest poem. I hope you all like it, leave comments & I hope it inspires all of you in any way possible. I love you guys & thank you for your support. It means the world to me, so without further a due...what I live for. Enjoy. Much love.

I live for the days that don't go my way,
So my opportunities can only then bloom like
flowers in the month of May.
I live for those whose lives were lost,
Knowing nothing in this life comes without a
sacrificial cost.
I live to find my life's true meaning,
Answering why and what I'm here to do,
So I can apply it and like Lupe say, "I'm beaming."
I live for the days I wake up on the wrong side of
the bed,
Steady on my daily grind,
Knowing it'll all be worth it
& I'll sleep better when I'm dead.
I live for the days that don't go my way,
So I can reflect on my feelings I've learned to turn
to words & write them all away.
I live for you,
Who lives for thee,
But truthfully I live for who I have the potential
to be.
I live for those who've been there for me,
No bullshit, all love
As I cherish them like the last breath I'll ever
breathe.
I live to see the day the world is all about equality,
Determined with a master plan to make it a
reality,
While only waiting for my big opportunity.
I live for the situations I can't figure out,
Because alike math equations,
They will be solved without a question or doubt.
I live for those who doubt me & my abilities,
Knowing I'll come out on top,
Showing all my capabilities.
I live for the family whose blood runs thru my
veins,
Whose support keeps my mind sane,
While always knowing how to lead me to the
sunshine even in the rain.
I live for the friends who will be there till the end,
A message of unconditional love & trust they to
my heart unconsciously send.
I live for every last syllable & word I write,
As they are my next step towards success
& inspiration through the best/worst of times
to NEVER give up the fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment