Thursday, February 11, 2010

Super Gma.

With a heart so big
And a smile so bright,
You bring the love into my eye’s clear sight.
With the power to bring light to a dark room,
You bring a smile to my face with your elegance
And grace.
Always there for me,
Like peanut butter to jelly.
Whether happy or sad,
Even when I got stung by a bee or would fall and
scrape my knee.
One of a kind,
Whether I’m with you I feel like a kid again or as
if someone pressed the button entitled
“Rewind.”
You better my state of mind,
No other grandmother I’d rather have or find.
Ever so sweet,
You’re the perfect verse over an unforgettable beat.
Turning the grey clouds blue,
I appreciate you and every little thing you do.
On our life’s journey we embark,
I will always love you with all my heart. :]

-This is for my wonderful grandmother who I love with all my heart. She doesn't know I wrote it for her and that it'll be in her mailbox in just a few short days. I love you Grandma! :]

2 comments:

  1. Chanel I love this poem! U did a great job describing Gma You are a really great poet, and I can't wait to read more!

    Your Cousin,
    Ameera

    ReplyDelete